
Today was one of my FAVORITE! After class this morning Chase, Leasa, Montgomery and I headed to the Green Market with students to do some final souvenir shopping and then we had 3:30pm reservations for High Tea at the Nelson Hotel. It was truly fantastic and definitely one of my favorite memories of Cape Town. We all agreed that it was a smart decision to have just the 4 of us go too, versus having a lot of students in tow because the ambiance would’ve been lost.
We drank tea, I had the Nelson Blend which was a black tea with rose petals in it – delicious! There was SO much yumminess – the food was incredible – tea sandwiches, little appetizers and then your traditional scones & cream (or jam, lemon curd, or whip cream), cakes, and sweet treats galore! We stayed for 2 ½ hours just soaking it all in and enjoying each other’s company. I have really lucked out because I absolutely love our teaching team. Leasa, Chase & “Monty” are fantastic to work with and even more fun to hang-out with – we’ve definitely had some really great times and lots of laughter!The rest of this week includes a TON of stuff…we’re trying to still hit up the District 6 Museum, the Slave Lodge, Kerstenbach Gardens, a moonlight hike of Devil’s Peak, a visit to Rick’s Café, another place in the Observatory District…and the list goes on…yes…trying to squeeze it all in! J


Love High Tea! Why can’t we install that here in America? That and siesta.... We could wake up from a nap then have tea, then finish up work for the day. I like the sound of that. I'm glad you're still having fun Mal!! :)
ReplyDelete