Woohoo! I have finished my first year of doctoral work and it seems that I still don't have this "blogging" thing down, lol! Spring semester was much better than the fall. I contribute this to many things...being intentional in structuring my weekend assistantship commitments; saying no to extra research hours; taking trapeze every Monday night; landing a sweet gig to S. Africa as a Teaching Assistant...well, as you can see -- things started looking up. Change is hard and settling in just takes a little time...but opportunities fall in place & doors do open:).
So...instead of blogging all year, maybe...I'll finally do some blogging now to keep people up to date on my travels to Cape Town, South Africa. I leave Friday -- which is somewhat surreal -- I can't believe I'll be there for 5 weeks! Do I feel like I'm ready for this adventure? Not yet...but by Friday, I sure better be!
Yay! Excited to follow your trip to South Africa. Keep up the posting! WOOHOO!
ReplyDelete